My Cart

Close

Valentine's Day Facts 2019

Posted on

Valentine's Day is considered to be one of the most romantic days of the year. Here are some Valentine's Day fun facts you probably didn't know about.

  • Retail statistics show that 3 percent of pet owners buy Valentine's gifts for their pets.
  • Every year, around 1 billion Valentine's Day cards are exchanged.
  • 14th February is also 'Singles Awareness Day'.
  • In Finland, Valentine's Day is called Ystävänpäivä. This in English means 'Friends Day'. On this day, people celebrate their friendships.
  • In Medival Times, women and girls used to eat a weird combination of food in order to dream about their future spouse.
  • In the Middle Ages, men and women used to randomly draw names out of a bowl. This person would be their Valentine. The slip with the name on it would be pinned to their sleeves, and people would walk around with it for a week. This is where the phrase 'wear your heart on your sleeve' originated.
Valentine's-Day-Facts-Valentine's-Day-history-cheap-Valentines-Day-gifts-online
  • In the late 1800s, the founder of Cadbury - Richard Cadbury - produced the first box of chocolates for this holiday.
  • Over 35 million heart-shaped chocolate boxes are sold on Valentine's Day.
  • Statistics show that 73 percent of the flowers sold on Valentine's Day are bought by men. The remaining 27 percent are bought by women.
  • On Valentine's Day, 15 percent of women in the United States send themselves flowers.
  • In the US itself, the chocolate industry generates over $1 billion revenue on Valentine's Day.
  • The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus. Venus is the Roman goddess of love.

Cheap Valentine's Day Gifts Online

At The 199 Store, our aim is to provide our customers with quality products at an affordable price. That's why we sell everything for Rs 199 each. No strings attached.

When one is looking for a Valentine's Day gift online, the aim is to find something that is of good quality, at an affordable price and is something your loved one will appreciate and value. At The 199 Store, we understand this. Start your budget shopping online in India today.

Read more from The 199 Store:

Hello You!

Join our mailing list