Mohandas K. Gandhi - also known as Mahatma Gandhi - is a very inspirational man and an important person of Indian history. In fact, he is often referred to the Father of the Nation. This Gandhi Jayanti, we bring you 5 interesting facts about Gandhi.
1. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize Five Times
2. Mahatma Gandhi inspired civil rights activists from around the world. One famous example includes Martin Luther King Jr.
3. 21 years after his death, Great Britain launched a stamp in his honour
4. Throughout his lifetime, Mahatma Gandhi walked 18 kilometres every day. This is enough to walk around the Earth twice.
5. Steve Jobs was a big fan of Mahatma Gandhi. In fact, Jobs' round glasses were inspired by Gandhi.
Don't forget to share these interesting facts with your friends!
Read more from The 199 Store:
About The 199 Store
The 199 Store is an online shopping website where you can shop within a budget. That is because everything is for Rs 199 each. No strings attached. Not only this, we provide you with free delivery in India. This way, you can get quality products without burning a hole in your pocket.
About The Author
Hi! My name is Shirin Bhasin, and I am the founder and CEO of The 199 Store. My aim is to provide quality products to everyone at a reasonable and affordable price. This idea led to the creation of The 199 Store.